Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's been almost a full month since I posted last. I am not surprised, but I am disappointed in myself. I haven't been on the ball as much as I would like. However, I have gotten some different things done over this past month.
First, our local needlework group had our monthly meeting on Monday, March 16th, and the class taught was on Kumihimo Japanese braiding. I have watched several of my friends over the past year as they have made these really pretty and sometimes ornate cords using a disk and bobbins. The cords they were making were thicker and more fancy than those I can make using the Viking braiding. I have wanted to learn, but each time there was a class in our SCA group, I got called away for one reason or another. The North Star Needlework Guild is a modern needlework guild, and we strive to teach different classes all year long...this time I could actually just SIT there and learn the technique. So far I have just learned a simple 7 strand project, but I hope to keep learning new patterns as I go along. It is a project that is just the right size to slip in to a purse and travel. Wheee!
I have finished a few more inches on the garter and have about 10 inches of blackwork done.... I'll keep plodding along on those. I am hoping that as the sun returns and the days keep getting brighter and warmer, that I will get my energy back too. I think of it as kind of a solar battery...and this Alaskan gal has been run down for a while. It is pretty today though, even with the new inch of snow. I sure am getting tired of white though.....Come On Green!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment